13 April 2010

Homage to MC Escher

"Opportunity Three" (30" x 30" acrylic on box canvas)

Here is the final image of the MC Escher homage I have been working on over the last week. A sure fire headache from start to finish, but at the same time it's been an enjoyable painting to create.

I've always been fascinated by Eschers work and his image titled 'Relativity' in particular. I actually completed a large jigsaw of this image many years ago, though I'm not sure which was the more challenging, working out all the angles and gravity sources or fitting together hundreds of seemingly identical jigsaw pieces!!

The painting will soon be heading down to London and will be on show at the Chelsea Art Fair through Gallery Perutz of Calstone, Wiltshire. The gallery will also be showing 3 other brand new paintings at the fair which I hope to post here soon.

No comments: