19 April 2008

Details from 'Do You Wanna Be A Spaceman'













People who achieve their dream always say the same thing, that anyone can do it. I have always doubted this. Luck, whether it's in the form of a chance meeting or a happening, falls at your lap from nowhere, that's why it is called luck, I don't believe you can make your own luck, you either get it or you don't. You can work hard at something but whether you ever achieve your goal will more than likely depend on who you meet on your way.

Your upbringing also has a huge bearing on whether you can follow that dream or not. Encouraging parents is quite possibly the most important factor for any young kid. In the last couple of weeks, my step son has been saying he wants to be a super hero, why should I turn round and say he can't? why should I take that dream away? He gets my full support and encouragement. As he gets older, his dreams and aspirations will obviously become more serious.

I try to get him involved in anything he is interested in.....thankfully that hasn't been anything too expensive yet :) This will hopefully help him find out what he is good at and where he wants to go in the future. I always felt encouragement and direction was lacking during my childhood, so I aim to give my 2 step kids as much as I am capable of.

What would the likes of Tiger Woods or Lewis Hamilton be doing if they didn't have that encouragement and direction? Yet they must of had that dream themselves or they would of just lost interest.

2 comments:

Ray said...

very artistical work! I like your paintings!

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Just popped over from FuelMyBlog - me likey!