11 January 2013

the TOMS 'Art of Giving' - Edinburgh Exhibition



In November last year, I was asked to take part in the TOMS shoes Art of Giving event.

20 artists are taking part in this unique Edinburgh show, so it was an absolute pleasure to be asked to be involved. I was supplied with a pair of TOMS plain canvas shoes and sunglasses, and asked to paint them with an interpretation of what giving means.

All the shoes created by the artists are available for purchase via a silent auction which will run from 18th - 25th Jan, raising money for the TOMS charity.

I have also created a painting to tie in with the event (and the shoes!) which will be exhibited alongside the TOMS shoes and sunglasses. The painting will be available for purchase by contacting myself directly. I will of course post images on my website for those unable to attend the exhibition.


The Art of Giving tour started in Canada last year, before moving onto Dublin, Liverpool, and now Edinburgh.


To confirm you want to attend the Preview Evening, RSVP to; artedinburgh@toms.com
You can mention my name if you want.

Complimentary drinks are provided all evening with entertainment from the Foo Birds!



For every pair purchased, TOMS will give a new pair of shoes to a child in need, One for One.
Find out more about TOMS shoes here: http://www.toms.co.uk/


No comments: